Foolproof Fluffiest Eggless Pancake

11:07 PM

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

One morning (well, it was brunch-time), I was desperately wanting to eat pancakes for breakfast, but I didn't have any eggs left on my cupboard. So I went to google an eggless pancake recipe and adapted it into my own tried and trusted fluffiest pancake recipe. As now I'm living in Germany, it is quite a task to find a place that serve a fluffy and thick pancakes (they only make the crepe-like-pancake), but in my opinion these fluffy american type pancakes are the best ones!






The ingredients for these pancakes are easy to get and affordable, and there are only a few :
  • 1 cup Spelt flour
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1 tsp Sugar
  • 1 pack of Vanilla sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Sea salt
  • 1 cup Vanilla soy milk
  • 2 tbsp Yogurt
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Vegetable oil
heat a stick free pan on a medium heat, then throw all of the ingredients into a big bowl and stir it until it forms some kind of a thick liquid (don't stir too much! a little bit of lumps are not a problem at all), and pour two tablespoons for each pancake. Flip the pancakes once little bubbles are forming.

you can of course use a normal wheat flour, but spelt has higher fiber contents than wheat and they are higher in magnesium and iron. Combined with the yogurt and soy milk, then you also get the protein-kick you need to start your day and keeps you full longer! 





you can eat the pancake with any topping you like, such as yogurt, fresh fruits and a drizzle of honey or even with a homemade jam, which my version of the recipe is still in trial!

I also often omit the vanilla sugar and use normal dairy milk to make the salty variation of the pancake such as with bacon and eggs, although next time I want to try it with baked beans.. hmmm!

Please try the recipe and share with me whether you like it or not, and share your tips with me which toppings go with these pancakes! 

Later!
-R

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts