Approaching the Darker-Side

7:52 PM

 

Who can resist Kiko Black friday deals?? Many props to you because I can't!

But oddly I only had my eyes on these 2 at that day, The Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick and Soft Focus Foundation Mineral Powder. 

 
 

I always try to embrace the darker shade of lipsticks in these winter months, but this lipstick is my first brown lipstick shade. It has a nice warm brown shade with a little tinge of red, which I think makes it more wearable and makes your face warmer than the other darker lipsticks. With the creamy satin texture, it has a good wear-time with nice fading and it has stained my lips a little bit as the colour faded away. I even wore it through my sweaty HIIT-workout and the lipstickstill feel comfortable and didn't chapped my lips. Although I must say, it clinged on to some dry patches on my lips, so I had to make sure to scrub my lips nicely before, if I want to use this lipstick.

 

To balance the darker lips, I normally like to wear my face makeup a little bit lighter to make the lipstick more wearable for day-time makeup. Also I've heard that it's the secret of the chic-ness of the parisian beauties. 

 

So to achieve the lighter face-makeup, I've been just wearing concealer under my eyes and on the high points of my face to create a little bit of non-touring look, and wear this mineral powder to set the concealer , all over the face and also down the neck. 

 

I really like this powder!! It gives such a natural glowing and smoothing look to the face, doesn't crease under my eyes, doesn't look cakey and the colour matched very well! I've been buffing in the powder either with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush when I want more coverage or Eco Tools Precision Blush Brush to just lightly dust the powder all over the face. As you can see in the photos, the powder doesn't cover the blemish on my forehead, but I don't really mind it.  

 

On the face: 
Garnier BB Cream Eye Roll-On, Inglot Freedom Style Cream Concealer 
Kiko Soft Focus Foundation Mineral Powder 
Catrice Sun Glow Matt Bronzing Powder
H&M Cream Rouge in Dusty Rose 
H&M Halo Illuminiser Highlighter in Champagne Gold
The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow in Bronze Bliss (mixed with the bronzer) 
Essence Superfine Eyeliner Pen Waterproof in Black 
L'oreal Voluminous Mascara Waterproof
Maybelline Lash Sensational Waterproof
Maybelline Brow Drama Brow Gel
Kiko Velvet Passion Matte Lpistick in 319 Chocolate

Have you tried Kiko makeup yet? What do you think of them? 

-Ruucits


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts