Recipe testing: Pinterest Recipe - Dark Chocolate Almond Cookies

1:25 AM

Chewy almond cookies with dark chocolate chips! 


 

Cookies with less refined flour and refined sugar? But yet still crispy on the outside and chewy in the middle? Oooooohh yesss! More pleasure with less guilty feeling, I would say :D 

I was really craving some cookies but being the nutrition science student that I am, it's always exciting for me if I can find a healthier option of a sweet treat. So to the pinterest I went and found this recipe. 
Now, I know that my cookies didn't look like the cookies from the pinterest, but I can guarantee you that these cookies taste sooo good. Of course they have different texture than cookies with normal all purpose flour, as they are mainly made from ground almonds. But the texture from the ground almonds make the cookies last longer (because you have to chew it longer) and satisfy you with only 1-2 cookies. 

 

 

I must say, I was actually ment to only test the recipe without tweaking it at all, but as I was measuring my ground almonds it was less than 2 cups so I had to add a few table spoons of Cake flour to make it exact 2 cups. I was also adding each 1 tea spoon of Monin Chocolate Cookie syrup and Vanilla syrup because I didn't have any vanilla extract. The recipes also said that with 1 tbsp for each cookies you can get around 12 cookies, but I get 18 cookies out of the dough. Not that it's a downside at all. More cookies, yum. 

   

As I said, these are really good cookies, you can't taste the coconut oil at all, and they don't taste like a 'healthy' treats at all. If you like almonds, if you like chocolate, if you like cookies, GO BAKE THESE COOKIES NOW! 

So, this recipe is tested and very much recommended 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts